Friday, February 6, 2009

Muffins and More


I had seen a recipe a while back for banana-coconut muffins and remembered thinking that it sounded interesting. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon when I was trying to come up with something to make for today's playgroup, my mind drifts to banana-coconut muffins. So of course I set off to make my own version based on this idea. I did make one change. I decided that banana-coconut-chocolate chip muffins would be much better, who doesn't like chocolate? So a little of this and a little of that later, I bring you delicious mini goodness. I found that the coconut in this recipe gives a really nice almost crunchy texture while staying moist and yummy at the same time. So here you go:

Banana- coconut- chocolate chip mini muffins

1/2 c. butter
3/4 c. white sugar
1/2 c. light brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. milk
2 ripe bananas mashed
1 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips

Heat the oven to 350.

Cream the butter, sugars and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. In a bowl mix together flours and baking powder. Add the flour to the butter mixture alternating with the milk. Add the bananas until incorporated. Add the coconut and chocolate chips, stir to blend. Fill the mini muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. These bake up quickly about 10 minutes per tray. Recipe yields 50 muffins.





Also on the agenda yesterday were valentine cupcakes for Sweets playgroup as we are having a little Valentine's party today. These were just the boxed kind with the sprinkles. However Sweets enjoyed her baking experience and of course decorating the cupcakes. I love cooking with kids, it is such a great work for them. Sweets has always been very sensorial and she loves the process of cracking the eggs. I'm hoping to make some progress this weekend on a few valentine's gifts I need to make and will post the results soon.

- Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment