Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Fitness Routine

(image at weheartit)

I'm just going to go ahead and state the fact that I hate working out. I've tried and tried over the years to get into a fitness routine, but I just hate doing it. I know that it's something I have to do if I want to reach my fitness goals. I don't really want to be thin and flabby I'd like to be a healthy weight and fit. I'm never going to be one of these people who exercises for 2 hours everyday. I read an interview with Gwyneth Paltrow recently were she talked about the fact that she does 2 hours a day 6 days a week and she says that is doable for all women. Well maybe for all women who have a nanny and a housekeeper. I'm aiming for an hour a day at least 5 days a week. If I only do 40 minutes though then that's fine too. I've been going between working out in the pool with pool dumbells where I do water jogging, swim laps and do strength training in the pool to doing the treadmill and strength training with weights. The husband and I are also doing crunches before bed. I can do 25 right now and my goal is to add on 5 each week. I'm also doing some modified push ups, and hopefully soon I can do the real thing. I've also been trying to incorporate fun things into working out. Both of the kids are learning to ride bikes without training wheels and let me tell you running behind them holding onto their bikes is quite the whole body workout! We also bought a zoo pass so hopefully I'll be hitting th zoo at least once a week and getting a workout walking through there. It's definitely going to be a challenge over the summer to get my work out in with two kids home so I'm sure I'll be getting more creative with the workouts as time goes on this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment