Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Belated 4th of July



Hey everyone.  I hope you had a great, long holiday weekend.  We sure did.  I had meant to post this a few days ago but for some reason Blogger was acting up and I was unable to log in.  But better late than never, right?  So our weekend was filled to the brim with activity, it was both fun and exhausting and you'll probably be seeing posts about it for the next week!  But first things first.  On the 2nd we hosted our annual fireworks party.  We have one every year and the date coincides with the church next door's big fireworks show.  So we have some friends over, make lots of food and drink some cold beers.  It's a great day.  This year the weather was perfect, the company even better and the fireworks spectacular.

I worked all day Thursday baking and decorating and rediscovered my love of making sugar cookies and decorating them.  This is something I plan on doing a lot more often in the future.  I also made red, white and blue cupcakes, a lemon- cherry layer cake and a few cute decorations.  I admit that I didn't make nearly as many of the decorations as I had originally planned on, but time got short and I found some cute stuff to buy.   Anyway, Happy belated 4th of July everyone!



Kim

1 comment: