Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Curry Chicken Salad


Yummy, yummy! This chicken salad is soooo good. I don't know if I am even a person who is generally fond of chicken salad, but this, this I love. I found the original idea via taste of home, but like I usually do I glanced at the recipe and then several days later just threw some stuff in a bowl to make it. This is silly easy and I'm going to make it again for Easter. It makes a lot of sandwiches and I had enough left for 3 days of lunches after we had it at the shower. I served it on little rolls but for myself I just ate it with some sea salt crackers. This keeps really well and I think it's better to make it the night before so the flavors meld. So here is my basic recipe for this, but like I said I didn't really measure and I don't think you have to, just eyeball it!

2 cans of chicken- make sure it says chicken breast
1 c. dried cranberries
1 granny smith apple chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
2 celery stalks finely chopped
1 c. chopped pecans
a few tablespoons of mayonnaise (just enough to coat everything and get it nicely combined, you don't want to drench it)
2 tsp curry powder or more to taste

mix it all up, refrigerate and serve on bread, rolls, lettuce leaves or whatever you like!

No comments:

Post a Comment