Thursday, October 28, 2010

I'm a Sucker



Ever have one of those days when you have to check your back repeatedly to see if anyone has taped a sign there that says "SUCKER"?  I'm sure many of you know how I feel, you get stuck doing everything under the sun, for other people who have no idea of the amount of work they are asking you to do.  I can't tell you how many times I get suckered into doing something in a week by people pretending to pay me a compliment, example; "Oh, hey Kim could you help me out?  I was going to do this myself  but then I thought, Kim can do this so much better, I'll ask her"  Which in reality should read "I was going to do this myself but then I thought, this is hard.  I can probably talk someone else into it, oh look here comes Kim"  Maybe I'm being a little sarcastic, but I just can't get over how often this happens to me.  The thing is if it were actually something that I thought the person wasn't capable of doing and I could, I would be all about helping out.  Usually though it is just some either hard or boring task that nobody else wants to do.  The worst part is I just can't seem to say no. The words literally seem to get stuck in my throat.  I want to say it so badly, I'm up to my eyeballs in work right now, so saying no occasionally would be awesome.  I just start imagining the person thinking how mean I am and telling everyone how I refused to help.  I really don't want to be that person, I want to be the helpful person, I want to volunteer, but I need people to stop taking advantage of me.  Sorry for the rant, but I bet you understand.

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Yep - I do the same - I gird my loins whenever someone asks for something. I've learned to say no but still do get stuck doing things I really don't want to do. It's good to vent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. off topic a bit but cuuute picture of the kitty!

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete