Monday, October 11, 2010

Halloween Dress Up Time!


It's that time of year again.  Time to make, buy or put together a Halloween costume for yourself or the kids in your life.  In my house there is usually a great deal of discussion about what to be starting in the summer.  Sweets usually changes her mind at least 3 or 4 times and refuses to settle on anything easy or normal to do. This year her top contenders were a monster based on a picture she drew, a jug of milk, Sherlock Holmes or her final decision which is Velma from Scooby Doo.  I know I could in all likely hood just order a Velma costume from some place but I love making their costumes.  Bug has already insisted  on the store bought Wolverine costume, much to my dismay, so I was pretty insistent my self on making the Velma costume.  Although most of what I have done is just putting together bought articles of clothing and a pair of glasses my husband found in the basement, at least its not plastic and polyester.  In the past we have had a handmade green and pink sequined dragon, a panda bear, a parrot and an organ grinder monkey, just to name a few.  Sweets was even a full on witch for her first Halloween when she was 4 months old, my mom made the dress and the tiny little witch hat.  Oh, and I can't forget my dear husband who really has the most outrageous of the costumes year after year, including a pumpkin headed scarecrow, a chimp in a diaper, a male prostitute, a drunken hobo and a monkey in a white suit.  Just to clear things up, only the scarecrow was worn around children. :)  So all of this has me thinking about good, unique, D.I.Y costumes and considering I happen to have a few in my Etsy store and on Ebay right now, I thought I would share.


Barbie costume, for the glam girl-1991


Vintage Gypsy or Square Dancer - 1964


Vintage Rainbow Brite Costume- 1984


Adorable gnome costume 


Another cute gnome and mushroom

So just a few cute, unique options to choose from.  Also I'll be adding a lot more costume patterns later today, including a vintage Minnie Mouse pattern, Pink Panther, Tom Arma and more, so check back!  

1 comment:

  1. OMG !!! That last one with the mushroom and gnome is TOO CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete