Monday, August 16, 2010

4 Simple Goals


I read Elsie's blog 'A Beautiful Mess' on a daily basis.  At first when I saw her 4 simple goals post I didn't think much about it.  As the week has wore on I have found myself thinking more and more about things I want to do and equally important, things I might actually find time to do.  I really tried to pick 4 realistic goals, simple enough that I will accomplish them.

1. Master an at home manicure/pedicure.
I love having my nails done, it makes me feel happy and put together and it's a little me time.  I don't love paying crazy amounts for a manicure every week or fake nails.  So I have been watching YouTube videos on manicures.

2. Take a creative writing class.
I have absolutely no reason to take this class other than I want to.  I always enjoyed writing in school and I would love to do more of it.

3. Make dinner with my kids at least once a week.
Sweets went to a Montessori school for two years and Bug starts tomorrow.  It's always amazing to see what the kids are capable of when they are given the opportunity.   In a Montessori classroom the kids prepare their own snacks and practice a lot of simple 'practical living' works that teach coordination and responsibility.  I don't think I've done the best job of encouraging my kids to do house things, simply because it's easier if I do it myself.  

4. Yoga, once a week.
I really enjoyed doing yoga at the YMCA.  Unfortunately I have no time to get there.  I added a few yoga dvd's to my Netflix.

So there you have it.  I think my goals should be easily accomplished if I can maintain some sort of focus (hard to come by these days).  I did give myself a manicure today, and it's getting there


  (ignore how weird this picture looks, it is crazy hard to take a picture of your own hand)

Kim

2 comments:

  1. Great goals, Kim! I know you'll accomplish every one of them! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet manicure - I don't have any nails and am always jealous of those who do !

    ReplyDelete