Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fudge Cupcakes With Peanut butter Cream Cheese Icing













I've made these cupcakes twice in the last week, once for Sweet's Cake walk at school and once for my sister-in-law's birthday. They are with out a doubt my new favorite cupcake. They are also super easy peasy! I saw something like this on Rachael Ray but of course was too lazy to actually copy down the recipe or search for it, so I just made it up as I went along. There really isn't much to making these and best of all they use a store bought brownie mix as the base! So here you go:

Fudge Brownies with Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Icing:

1 box Ghiradelli Double Chocolate Brownie mix (this is the best store bought brownie mix I have tried) prepared according to box instructions, baked in 12 regular size cupcake liners lightly sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake until a knife inserted comes out not wet, some brownie will stick to it but its shouldn't be liquidy.

Let cool, prepare frosting.

In the bowl of your mixer add one block cream cheese softened and mix until smooth. Add 1 cup all natural smooth peanut butter, mix until combined. Add 1 tsp. vanilla, stir well. Add 4 cups confectioners sugar, one cup at a time until well combined. Add apprx. 3 tbs milk, or enough to make a smooth pipeable icing, beat well. Transfer the icing to a piping bag or as I did in this case a plastic ziplock bag, seal and cut off one corner. Pipe a big swirl on top and add some cute sprinkles and your done! One of the best parts about these is you can be totally done with them in about an hour and I also love that it only makes 12 cupcakes a lot of times recipes make a huge batch and your stuck with way too many cuppie cakes!


Kim

2 comments:

  1. Sounds incredible ... you are the Queen of cupcakes! And you photograph them so well, too. I have to try that Ghiradelli mix for sure --because you're the 2nd person I know who's said it is the best brownie mix.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you need to make these for Thursday so I can judge how good they really are. :P

    ReplyDelete