Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Wonderful Wednesday

Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!!! Can't you see how excited I am about it being Wednesday? It's wonderful!! Okay, enough of that I'm just trying to get myself excited, but I mean Wednesday sucks, it's still way to far from Friday and it just seems like the longest day of the week for me. But I will try and persevere and keep myself entertained with some lovely finds from the web and of course I shall share with all of my friends out there. First up is a tute which I have used many, many times to make shirts and dresses for Sweets, it is a very easy versatile pattern that a beginner can easily tackle and it comes from one of my very favorite sites Just Tutes. Next is this adorable pattern for a kids picnic table, I haven't actually made this, since the kids already have one but the instructions look really simple. Then we have a giveaway and tute for a really cute red velvet clutch at Sew Christine. Last but not least today I leave you with my first of many recipes for a simple summer dessert. When I say simple I mean it, this dessert takes five minutes start to finish to put together but tastes so good. It's perfect for the warm weather when you hate to be stuck indoors cooking. Here is the recipe:

Lemon Icebox Pie

1 prepared graham cracker crust
2 boxes cream cheese
1 can lemon pie filling
1 tub of cool whip
juice and zest of 1 lemon
1/4 c. confectioners sugar

In the bowl of your mixer beat the cream cheese until smooth, add half of the lemon pie filling, confectioners sugar and 2 tbs, lemon juice, stir until combined. Add 2/3 of the cool whip and lightly stir until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and spread evenly. Top with remaining lemon pie filling and spread until even. Put a dollop of cool whip on top to decorate and sprinkle with a little lemon zest. Refrigerate for 4 hours.

-Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment